Pure Acupuncture & Natural Medicine of Deerfield Beach is pleased to offer a variety of B12 shots.
Whether you just need one or want to receive a series of B12 shots with multiple injections at varying times.
Vitamin B12 is a crucial vitamin that helps the entire body function better and increases a healthier outlook for your overall well being.
Some of the benefits of receiving a B12 Shot include:
- Better Digestion
- Increased Metabolism
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Increased Energy
- Reduction of Stress
One of the most important advantages of getting a B12 shot is the creation of red blood cells.
These red blood cells will then carry oxygen all throughout your body, thus boosting your immune system along with improved mental clarity and focus. Call today and we can schedule an appointment for you to receive your B12 shots.
We only use the naturally occurring Methyl-cobalamin form. One of the most common questions that we get here at Pure Acupuncture & Natural Medicine of Deerfield Beach – What is Vitamin B12? Vitamin B12 also known as Methylcobalamin, Cyanocobalamin, Cobalamin is a water soluble Vitamin that is in the B complex family of vitamins. Because its water soluble, excessive amounts are excreted through your urine. Even in large doses vitamin B12 is not toxic. Routine Vitamin B12 shots given on a monthly or even weekly basis will assist with regulating steady levels of these crucial nutrients for the body and avoid deficiencies. Since Vitamin B12 plays and integral role with metabolism and food digestion, those looking to lose weight will notice increased and added benefits.
The next question we here regularly is – why is Vitamin B12 so significant?
Vitamin B12 accomplishes many key functions related to better overall health.
Besides helping the body form red blood cells that carry oxygen throughout the body it strengthens and supports a healthy nervous system that also includes proper muscle and brain function.
Vitamin B12 also assists with turning the food you consume into energy that the body needs to function with improved metabolism.
It is also a potent antioxidant that aids with fighting free radicals that are known to lead to a variety of chronic and debilitating diseases and conditions.
What type of foods contain Vitamin B12?
A wide array of animal foods contain Vitamin B12 including: dairy, eggs, shellfish, fish, liver, poultry and meat. Foods that are derived from plants contain zero naturally occurring Vitamin B12. The medical community as a whole strongly recommends that vegans and vegetarians receive some type of additional Vitamin B12 whether thru injection or supplement.
Some of the more common signs of Vitamin B12 Deficiency are listed below.
- Pale skin
- Stabbing pain in the palms of the hands
- Twitching of the eye
- Bladder problems
- Vision problems
- Low blood pressure
- Changes in mood, including depression
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness or tingling in the arms and legs
- Loss of balance
- Memory loss
- Weakness and fatigue
Lower levels of Vitamin B12 have some serious side effects and prolonged Vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to anemia, a severe condition where the body cannot make enough red blood cells.
Vitamin B12 shots are the most effective way to safeguard against Vitamin B12 deficiency.
They ensure that you receive this essential nutrient that aids with keeping your body running optimally. Immediately after receiving a Vitamin B12 shot most patients noticed a marked increase in their energy level. Patient studies also show an enhanced calmness along with better concentration and mental clarity. Routine Vitamin B12 shots given on a weekly basis will assist with regulating steady levels of these crucial nutrients in the body and avoid deficiencies. Since Vitamin B12 plays an integral role with metabolism and food digestion those looking to lose weight will noticed increased benefits.
How do I get started with Vitamin B12 shot maintenance?
Simply contact our office and the patient coordinator will schedule the best time that works for you. Getting you Vitamin B12 shot is a quick and painless procedure given into a muscle of the upper arm, leg, or buttock. Come in monthly, weekly, or simply when you’re feeling low on energy or run down. These low cost treatments take only a few minutes and we will have you out the door in no time at all. Ask about what other vitamins and nutrients we have available, most of which can be added to your B12 shot for as little as $10 additional.
- Methylcobalamin – natural form of Vitamim b-12 (cobalamin), a water soluble vitamin involved in the metabolism of every cell in the human body, cofactor in DNA synthesis, and plays an important role in the functioning of the nervous system and in the development of red blood cells.
- Methionine – Amino acid that aids in growth and tissue repair
- Inositol – (vitamin b8) – carbohydrate naturally occurring in the body that plays an important role in how your body metabolizes glucose
- Choline – vitamin your nervous system needs to regulate memory, mood, muscle control, and other functions.
- Pyridoxine(b6) – aids in hemoglobin production, reduces risk or heart disease, reduces risk of alzheimers, eases symptoms of PMS, eases nerve pain, assists with movement disorders.
- Glutamine – Amino acid essential to the building of protein and plays an important role in intestinal health
- Ornithine – non-proteinogenic amino acid responsible for the removal or excess nitrogen from the body, improves liver function, and helps detoxify from harmful substances
- Arginine – Amino acid that improves blood flow and stimulates immune system.
- Lysine – amino acid used to treat sores from viruses
- Citruline – like Arginine, improves blood flow and helps improve conditions of the circulatory system
- Carnitine – helps turn fats into energy
- B1- Thiamine – enables the body to use carbohydrates for energy, essential for glucose metabolism.
- B2 – riboflavin – helps convert carbohydrates into ATP
- B3 – niacin – helps reduce cholesterol, helps convert food to energy
- B5 – Dexpanthenol – create red blood cells, balance hormones, maintain healthy digestive tract
- B6 – aids in hemoglobin production, reduces risk or heart disease, reduces risk of Alzheimer’s, eases symptoms of PMS, eases nerve pain, assists with movement disorders.
- Provides cellular energy, reduces oxidative stress, reduce cell damage in liver, improves insulin resistance, reduce fatigue.
- Important for strong healthy bones, supports immune system
Contact our patient coordinator to schedule your vitamin B12 injection!
Simply fill out the form if you have any more questions feel free to give us a call